Pirates Beach is one of the Galveston West End’s most popular subdivisions. An exclusive coastal community of beachside and beachfront homes on the Gulf of Mexico, it is located south of FM 3005 at 12 Mile Road, eight miles west of 61st Street.
Offering endless recreational opportunities such as fishing, boating, kayaking, birding, golfing, surfing, cycling or just strolling along the beach, residents may also play a round of golf at the Galveston Country Club, the first chartered country club in Texas, founded in 1898.
The name, Pirates, recalls Galveston Island’s historically rich early years as the pirate kingdom of the notorious Jean Lafitte. Pirates Beach was created by George Mitchell and The Woodlands Corporation in the 1960s and grew substantially throughout the 70s.
By the 1990s, increased demand led to the development of Pirates Beach West. Situated between Palm Beach and 13 Mile Road and south of FM3005, it offers somewhat larger lots and the same easy beach access.
Later additions to join the array of popular Pirates communities were the bayside developments of Pirates Cove and Lafitte’s Cove. All are incorporated in a single community association, The Pirates Property Owners Association (“PPOA”) representing the sixteen hundred-plus families who make up the Pirates Community.
Sign in with